Friday 24 September 2010

The law of unintended consequences

As most of you know I gave up my permanent job in July to spend the summer with Frog and Rowdy.


Now of course they are back at school.  I was worried that with freelancing and setting up my own business that I'd have less time with them during term times, even though we'd have more time together in the holidays.  But, delightfully and unexpectedly (so far at least), I've had more time with them than I did before.  


It's only an extra 45 minutes more than we used to have after school and work finished so it's certainly not structured-activity time or doing-lots-of-things time; it's simply taking-time-to-be-together time. We have leisurely suppers where we laugh about the day and moan about the teachers! Their bath-time lasts from hot to cold (literally, really cold) and best of all there's plenty of time for stories.


What awe and wonder there is in being slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment